Saturday, June 27, 2009

A few oldies

I am sure everyone is wondering where we have been. My camera broke a couple of weeks ago. I am shopping for a new one so no new pictures have been taken lately and no updates provided. I hope to have a new one soon and new pictures to follow.

As for us, nothing really new is going on. Steve and I went to see The Hang0ver today while Gabbie stayed at Maw Maw's. After the movie we went to the 0live Garden and then did some shopping. Gabbie had a blast at Maw Maw's. Maw Maw was caught when she said "Gabbie tell mommy what color popsicle you had" and Gabbie's response was "one, two, three of them". Maw Maw knew then she was busted. Oh well that is what grandma's are for I guess.

Gabbie is now in underwear all of the time. She pretty much always woke up dry so about a week or two ago we tried underwear through the night and so far, no accidents at all. She is such a big girl.

Driving home from Maw Maw's today we were discussing how perfect Gabbie is and how much we love her. I said to Steve that I know he thought I was crazy when I first brought up the idea of adoption and he agreed that he did wonder what I was thinking. When I reflect back to the time of picking an agency I was stuck between two. I had someone I worked with recommending one strongly and something in my gut telling me to go with another one. In the end I decided to go with my gut feeling and thank God I did.

Since I don't have any recent pictures I will post a couple of ones that are old favorites of mine which probably haven't been posted on the blog before.


She was such a chunk back then! You surely can't tell now!

Gabbie and Jack - it is hard to believe how much they have grown. Gabbie was close to 7 months old and Jack 5 months old. I have always loved this picture!




4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

How awesome Angie. I love going down memory lane with pictures. It's so amazing to see the changes and they seem to happen so fast. We were talking about the same thing last night! Our baby is so grown up!

Sorry to hear about the camera. Hope the new one is working well.

Happy weekend. Hugs, Rhonda

The Best Family said...

aw, i remember the sprout hair days! it just seems like yesterday that we were all waiting for our referrals, doesn't it? and here these independent, strong, beautiful little ones are now, growing up far too fast for their mamas.
by the way, i love your new blog layout and header photo! i usually read in google reader, so maybe it's not actually that new, but it's lovely!

Bobbi said...

What a cutie!! I remember her so much smaller at the Westin, and how cute she was.

Yeah undies all night too. Lucky you

Jenn said...

WHEN are you getting a new camera?
although...i DO DO DO love to look at pictures past...it just melts my heart!!!