Friday, January 18, 2008

One year ago today...

we received the call that we were out of PGN. I cannot believe it has been a year. I remember that day like it was yesterday. We had entered PGN on 11/24 and had been waiting nearly 8 weeks for news and I was starting to get nervous. Our process up to that date had gone perfect. I just kept thinking that something bad was going to happen because it was so rare to have a perfect process.

It was about 4:00pm and I was sitting at my desk. A friend from our agency who went in a week before us had gotten out 3 days before so I thought news could be coming soon. Also I saw someone from our agency post that they had gotten out and they went in right around the same time as us so I had a feeling we would hear something, whether it be good or bad. Well wouldn't you know, I got up to go to the restroom and came back to a red light. I listened to the message and it was Vinny with FTC saying she had a question for me. I called her back and some of my friends gathered around. I was shaking and she answered. I will never forget her words. She said she had a question for me and then asked what I would say if she told me Barrios had signed our file and we were out of PGN. From that point I lost it. I was crying away with more and more co workers gathering around in excitement. I asked her if she called Steve and she said no but she could. Instead I asked if I could call her back because I needed to call him right away. I called Steve and then my mom and the rest is history!


Now on to other things. My child loves being naked. I assume this is normal right??? She tugs on her shirt wanting it off and is truly happiest with no clothes on. I never get good pictures anymore because she is a wild woman and doesn't sit still. Anyway I have included some pictures of my naked, kind of getting chunky, baby girl. Notice her stomach....Her 12-18 month pants are all getting too tight and her belly laps over. Thank goodness for stretch pants!


She loves this Mrs. Potato Head


I think her teeth were bothering her tonight. She now has 15 teeth and 1 more is making its way through. She really has been wonderful through all of this teething.


Final one of my wild woman naked with her belly hanging out! She likes to eat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hee hee...Gabbie is SO cute!!

I loved your post...my eyes got misty...I guess that my feelings toward Emma's adoption are still pretty close to the surface.

Wow...Gabbie has A LOT of teeth!! Really! I'm glad (for you and for her) that she has been her sweet self even through teething pain. Take good care. God bless.