Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A new name

MOM! Since when do 20 month olds consistently start calling their mommy or mama, mom? I expected this at 4 or 5, but come on 20 months? Gabbie has called me different names in the past but they normally don't stick. For a while there she was walking around saying something that resembled "Ang" which is what we figure she heard Steve calling me. Now for about the past week I am mom. Every once in a while I get a mama or mommy, but for the most part mom. The funny thing is she calls me that and I always ask her if she means mama or mommy and she gets that devilish look on her face like she knows it irks me. I wish I could freeze time because my baby is growing way to fast.

One last thing... Check out this picture of her belly! I swear she really doesn't eat a ton, or at least it seems to come and go in spurts but that belly is booming! I am having clothing issues with her and that belly. Her belly is a size 24 month but her length is more of an 18 month.


4 comments:

TheOilHippie said...

Well atleast she calls you something. :) At 18 months CiCi refuses to call me anything (and she talks a lot)
However my oldest son didn't shorten Mommy to Mom until he was 8 and my 6 year old goes back and forth - it makes me sad with them, so I can only imagine how you feel with a 20 month old (although I love that she knows it irks you, smart little girl :) )

Mama Bear said...

Too funny!!!!

Jennifer said...

Doesn't it just break your heat, though.... It sure did mine!

By the way... Ali (6year old) could wear a size 3 still.... except in length she is a 5 or 6. This child has no butt at all...

Sig said...

When Abby started calling me Mom I didn't like it. Where was Mama?? But now she switched back to Mama, guess cuz my 6 and 4 yr old have taken to calling me that again, LOL
Abby is also in an 18 month but I buy 24 month tops to cover the big ole belly.