Thursday, May 22, 2008

One hungry toddler

Our household is getting over being sick with the flu. I will spare you the details. Not sure when your birthday is but regardless consider this your birthday present:)

From last Thursday until Tuesday night Gabbie did not eat but a couple of bites here and there. Now things have changed!!! This child is eating EVERYTHING. When she wakes up in the morning she is asking for bites. After the sitters today Steve said she was screaming "bite eat, hungry". They snacked on pretzels, chips and salsa which apparently is a new favorite of Gabbie's, and strawberries. Not even 15-20 minutes later when I got home she started screaming "eat" so she ate her Chicken-o-rings (a fairly large portion), greenbeans (another super large portion), and then 3 whole strawberries and these things were huge! She would have eaten more too if I would have gotten them for her but I didn't want her to get a belly ache since she just got rid of the flu. So thankfully she is eating and we are all feeling better! Oh and new word of the night is 'strawberries'. Before I fed them to her I asked if she wanted any strawberries and she said 'strawberries' as clear as day. Steve heard her too! I think that might be the biggest word she has said yet!

Now for a couple of pictures from the last week or so.

I took these next 3 pictures tonight. She was smiling for the camera being a huge ham. Normally she is a silly girl but when the camera comes out she gets all serious. Not tonight though! Maybe it was the food high? Looking at these pictures I cannot believe how much my baby girl is growing. In less than 2 weeks she will be 21 months old.







Miss serious


Crazy hair again! I think we are actually taking her for a haircut Saturday. Daddy says it is time.



Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Oh Angie, I am soooo glad you are all feeling so much better, how horrible, especially on Mother's Day. I have to tell you I LOVE those pictures of Gabbie. That is so adorable, she's a ham and sooooo cute!!!!!
Big hugs, Rhonda

Jennifer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair...she is so adorable!