Sunday, December 9, 2007

Our baby girl!!!!


After waiting almost 3 months for a referral and wondering why it was taking so long, we received the phone call that changed our lives on September 13, 2006. It was our agency director who stated she wanted to tell us about a beautiful baby girl. I was shocked because it looked as though it was going to be a bit longer until we got the call. Our director told us about a healthy baby girl and that pictures would be forwarded. I immediately called my mom and grandma and told them the news while Steve called his parents. Steve's parents drove to our house to see the pictures and my mom went to the neighbors and knocked on the door to see if she could use their computer to look at the pictures. I remember shaking so much as I opened the first picture of our daughter. Without hesitation we knew we wanted to accept the referral and start the process ASAP.




We decided to name her Gabriella Marie. She was born on September 1, 2006. She weighed 5lbs and 1oz and was 16.7 inches long.

No comments: