Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Boo hoo

Well drop off this morning did not go so well:( It all started when we left the house. She wanted to take a monkey with her which daddy ended up sneaking out of the car because she really isn't supposed to bring toys from home. It causes issues with sharing, possessiveness, etc... which I completely understand however her crabbing all the way to daycare stunk. Next problem is her cup. Gabbie is addicted to her cup. We literally cannot go anywhere without her having her cup. Normally in the morning on the way to the sitters she would finish off her drink and then take the cup inside for the remainder of the day. This morning though I tried to get it away from her before getting out of the car and she was not having any of that. So I let her take it in which her teacher said was fine and she would take it from her later.

So we walk into the room and she is holding on to me for dear life. I sat with her to do a puzzle (Gabbie LOVES puzzles) but once I got up she grabbed on to me and held on again for dear life crying. Finally I handed her to her teacher, told her I loved her, and walked out. I could hear her crying near the door on my way out. It was really loud and heartbreaking:(

I know it is going to take time but that was rough today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

***Update***
Gabbie did fairly well today. I am not sure how long she cried for when I left but when Steve got there she was eating snack and pretty happy. She ate all of her meatballs (yikes nasty!) for lunch along with broccoli and fruit. Apparently the kid likes meatballs unlike her vegetarian mommy! She only slept 1 hour which isn't great but isn't too bad either considering that is her first time ever sleeping on a cot with other people in the room. She fed a baby doll, played with tools, painted, learned a song, tossed bean bags, and went outside. So all in all it sounds like she had a decent day post drop off.

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Oh Angie, I am sooooo sorry and it has to be one of the hardest things listening to your little one cry.......breaks my heart. Hoping and praying that tomorow will be a little easier for everyone...............

Bobbi said...

Oh, I feel for you. How hard that must have been. Hope tomorrow is better.

Reese has to bring things places from home. If we take them away the scene is just not at all pretty.

AHHHHH the ice cream to stay awake trip......love it!!

Good luck tomorrow

Beth said...

Oh! Childcare transitions can be so hard. Hang in there. It does get better.

She is a beauty!