Thursday, July 31, 2008

One of those nights

Do you ever have one of those night where you just feel like the luckiest person in the world? Like you have been blessed beyond belief? Like you have hit the lottery, even though the bank account doesn't reflect it? Well I had one of those nights tonight. Gabbie has been acting quite two-ish lately. She will be 23 months old tomorrow which means in just 1 month she will be two. What does this mean for mommy and daddy you ask? It means hearing the word 'no' over and over again. It means temper tantrums when things don't go her way. It means kicking and screaming because she is just not ready for bed or doesn't want to get her diaper changed even though it is full of crap, literally! I could go on and on....

Tonight though none of that happened. Daddy was working on the master bathroom (remodeling it completely and I must say it is looking awesome) and mommy and Gabbie got to spend some much needed alone time. The night was absolutely perfect! We played, read books, watched a little TV, cuddled, sang, took pictures, and had an absolutely perfect night. Gabbie didn't throw one fit. I even got a couple of 'love yous', hugs, kisses, and Gabbie got to stay up 30 minutes late.

It is crazy to think two years ago we were waiting, wondering when our referral was going to come, who our daughter was going to be, literally crying every time it didn't happen (I was super emotional). Back then I had no clue what was in store for me. Now as I sit here tonight I feel so incredibly blessed. My joy and happiness cannot be measured. I love this baby girl more than anything in the world. I am amazed that I have been chosen to be Gabbie's mommy.

Now for some pictures of my baby. Will she always be my 'baby'?


All smiles tonight!

Here she is cleaning away. She was really serious about her work.


Drinking her Sprite from McD's. Of course this made her happy!



Getting ready to vacuum her room!

Finally settling down and reading books.


2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

How sweet Angie. Don't you just love those times. They are so special and yes, they always are your "babies" and it doesn't matter if they are age 23 or 23 months!!!! You are such a wonderful mommy and daddy. Great pictures! Just love that hair of hers, so reminds me of Katie's!

Kelly said...

always. She will always be your baby...even if you have another!