Friday, August 8, 2008

Good news and bad news

Good news is Gabbie is feeling better! She is back to her playful, silly, little stinker self! Bad news is Mommy and Daddy have been hit with whatever it was she had and it is horrible:( Last night I started aching in my neck and just not feeling right. I woke up this morning feeling horrible but determined to go to work which I did. Steve complained of an achy neck and I told him he was getting it but he insisted he slept funny. Well once again this woman was right. This woman is always right, maybe one day he will get that!!!

Steve called me on the way home from work to get Gabbie and he was aching from head to toe just like me. I left work and returned home at 4:30. He was laying on the couch moaning and groaning. I was kind of annoyed to be honest because I didn't exactly feel great but he was so bad off I had to care for Gabbie. Thank the Lord she was so good tonight and pretty much a perfect angel! I got Steve 4 Advil and 2 Tylenol and within 45 minutes to an hour he was feeling better which was a good thing because it was about to hit me! Next thing you know I am moaning and groaning just like he was and he was caring for Gabbie. Thank goodness the worst part hit at different times for both of us. I took 4 Advil and 2 Tylenol and finally started feeling better around 8:00. About an hour after the Tylenol and Advil my fever was down to 103.9. This has been horrible. I feel so bad for Gabbie that she felt this horrible.

I am hoping and praying we both feel better tomorrow and the fevers are gone. Tomorrow is cousin Peyton's birthday party at Pump it Up and she would be so disappointed if we all don't go. Even my mom is coming to Peyton's party!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will leave you with a couple of pictures of Gabbie before the illness hit. I cannot believe she will be 2 in three weeks. Gosh I love this child!






3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Oh my goodness you poor guys. I am sooooo sorry. Wishing everyone a much better day today and hoping you get to enjoy the party.

Tera said...

Oh Angie. :( That sickness sounds AWFUL!! :( I pray that you all are on the mend! How terrible. I am glad that you and hubby were able to "tag team".

I just cannot believe that our babies are almost TWO!!

We are total copycats... We have the same toy box and Emma has that shirt. :) Take care, you guys!! God bless.

Jennifer said...

Hope you are feeling better.

LOVE these pix of Gabbie. So beautiful!